A Moment With Music Therapy Private Practice Owner, Mallory Even
Mallory Even, MT-BC is the owner of Metro Music Therapy, a private practice that serves the metro Atlanta and Orlando areas. She is the creator of MMT Academy and provides face-to-face instruction to music therapists on various professional topics. Mallory also provides customizable marketing materials for music therapists through her service, MMT PayPer.
Interested in more?
Check out the Music Therapy Round Table podcast on iTunes.
A board certified music therapist can work across developmental domains, ages, and settings. This diversity is one of the unique features of our field. It also makes it very hard to teach everything during the education and clinical training portion of a music therapist’s career. In fact, it’s very common for a music therapist to work in settings and with populations that are unfamiliar and require some preliminary study and prep work. So what is one to do?
In this 56th episode of the Music Therapy Round Table podcast, we discuss what it means to begin working with a new clinical population and preparatory strategies to implement before the first session.
Items mentioned in the episode
- [RESOURCE] World Congress of Music Therapy - a triennial gathering of the international music therapy community gathers this year in Vienna to network and discuss the latest in music therapy research and practice. Follow updates through the hashtag #WCMT2014
- [ANNOUNCEMENT] The newly launched Music Therapy Pro Four Corners series will include videos and podcasts though which we share our expert tips, suggestions, and ideas in the areas of building your business and clinical abilities (Rachel’s The Business Savvy Clinician), developing your communication style (Michelle’s The Complete Communicator), enhancing your musicianship skills (Matt’s Musicianship and Gear), and connecting research to practice (Kimberly’s From Research to Practice). Learn more at www.musictherapypro.com
- [ANNOUNCEMENT] We are set to launch a BRAND-NEW mini-podcast on MTRT called MT in 3: A Moment with a Music Therapist. Co-host Michelle Erfurt will be asking music therapists 3 questions that will provide listeners with a brief moment of learning and inspiration. This mini-podcast will be available for free on iTunes and here on the Music Therapy Round Table blog. Stay tuned!
- [ANNOUNCEMENT] If you haven’t noticed, we have new pictures! Thank you to the very talented Tara Layman for our fabulous new look.
- [ANNOUNCEMENT] We want to give a special thank you to the supporters of Music Therapy Pro. These supporters give discounts to all Music Therapy Pro members:
Episodes mentioned in this podcast
Episode 18: Business Relationships in Music Therapy
What do you think?
What do you think? We always welcome comments and questions. Simply fill out the comment field below to let us know what you think.
Subscribe for free!
Download the latest episode here or subscribe by email for free to automatically get new episodes sent to you.
Come join us!
Do you love the Music Therapy Round Table podcast? If so, come join us at Music Therapy Pro, a premier online resource for music therapists like you! We look forward to seeing you there.