The music therapy profession has received a fair amount of media coverage over the past several years, from news spots on music therapy and rehabilitation to the publication of a book by New York Times bestselling author Jodi Picoult to it being highlighted in the 2011 movie “The Music Never Stopped.” Now, this positive trend continues as the profession is getting its first documentary!
Under the direction of Michael Ricucci, Terra Rising Records is producing a full length documentary about music therapy titled Universal Musicare: The Music Therapy Experience. This movie focuses specifically on the science of music’s ability to heal and connect people. It is also an extension of Michael’s lifelong journey of self discovery that, according to his bio, has allowed him to become a college athlete, a touring musician, a national championship winning coach, and finally the Founder/CEO of Terra Rising Records.
In this 48th episode of the Music Therapy Round Table podcast, we are thrilled to have the Founder and CEO of Terra Rising Records, Michael Ricucci, join us to talk about his documentary and the reason he is so passionate about sharing music therapy with audiences everywhere.
Items mentioned in the episode
- [RESOURCE] Beat Teams, Terra Rising’s nationwide instrument donation program to help provide more access to music education and music therapy to people of all ages and backgrounds. Learn more at http://terra-rising.com
- [MENTIONED IN THE SHOW] Snapshots by Sam Maloney
- [ANNOUNCEMENT] Music Therapy Pro will be at #AMTA13! Stop by our booth in the Exhibit Hall to meet and chat with podcast co-hosts Rachel, Michelle, and Kimberly. Then, check out the “Matt & Michelle” booth next door to learn about Michelle’s brand-new networking ebook and Matt Logan’s CD A Pefect Lullaby. See you there!
- [ANNOUNCEMENT] We want to give a special thank you to the supporters of Music Therapy Pro. These supporters give discounts to all Music Therapy Pro members:
- [SUNDAY SUCCESS] This month’s Sunday Success comes from Music Therapy Pro member Courtney Biddle, who welcomed her own bundle of pink joy last month. Congratulations Courtney! We are so excited for you and this next life adventure you are embarking on!
What do you think?
What do you think? We always welcome comments and questions. Simply fill out the comment field below to let us know what you think.
Subscribe for free!
Come join us!
Do you love the Music Therapy Round Table podcast? If so, come join us at Music Therapy Pro, a premier online resource for music therapists like you! We look forward to seeing you there.