In Episode 44 of this podcast, we discussed how to handle professional downtime: that is, when personal obligations and situations make it necessary for our work to take a backseat. But once that downtime comes to an end, how do we go about re-entering the working world as music therapists?
In Episode 47 of the Music Therapy Round Table podcast, we share our experiences with returning to work after professional downtimes, and share our tips for those of you who might find yourself in the same position.
Items mentioned in the episode
- [RESOURCE] 2013 AMTA Conference App
- [ANNOUNCEMENT] Check out the latest issue of the Journal of Music Therapy for Kimberly’s research article.
- [ANNOUNCEMENT] Join Michelle’s newsletter for updates on her networking workbook.
- [ANNOUNCEMENT] We want to give a special thank you to the supporters of Music Therapy Pro. These supporters give discounts to all Music Therapy Pro members:
- [SUNDAY SUCCESS] This month’s Sunday Success comes from Music Therapy Pro member Lora Barthelman, who writes: “I had another great meeting with a local college about adding a new BA in Music Therapy program! I may be teaching a special topics: Intro to Music Therapy course this spring! Keeping hopeful.” That is such exciting news, Lora – we will keep our fingers crossed that this comes to fruition!
What do you think?
What do you think? We always welcome comments and questions. Simply fill out the comment field below to let us know what you think.
Subscribe for free!
Come join us!
Do you love the Music Therapy Round Table podcast? If so, come join us at Music Therapy Pro, a premier online resource for music therapists like you! We look forward to seeing you there.