As dedicated as we are to our careers as music therapists, there are times in our lives when personal obligations and situations cause our work to take a backseat. Professional downtime, as we call it, can be frustrating and difficult, especially when it comes to staying connected to the field. In episode 44 of the Music Therapy Round Table podcast, we discuss our own experiences with professional downtime and how we’ve handled them.
Items mentioned in the episode
- [RESOURCE] Sing Together: Greetings and Goodbyes – A collaborative project that consists of original songs and session ideas created by music therapists around the country.”Greetings and Goodbyes” contains ideas for opening and closing sessions with clients of all ages and populations.
- [RESOURCE] Michelle’s ‘Handling Downtimes In Your Career” Series
- [ANNOUNCEMENT] A brand new CMTE course, Clinical Skills Development, is available to members of Music Therapy Pro! This is our 4th 3-hour CMTE course, all of which are included in the price of membership.
- [ANNOUNCEMENT] New! AMTA Conference Website – Where you can find up to date, comprehensive conference information about the national conference hosted by the American Music Therapy Association.
- [ANNOUNCEMENT] We want to give a special thank you to the supporters of Music Therapy Pro. These supporters give discounts to all Music Therapy Pro members:
What do you think?
We always welcome comments and questions. Simply fill out the comment field below to let us know what you think.
Subscribe for free!
Come join us!
Do you love the Music Therapy Round Table podcast? If so, come join us at Music Therapy Pro, a premier online resource for music therapists like you! We look forward to seeing you there.