This January, the music therapy blogging community is banding together for thethird annual social media advocacy month. Music therapists in over 35 states are involved in the joint AMTA and CBMT state recognition operational plan, where we are seeking to increase our client’s access to music therapy services through official recognition of our profession and our MT-BC credential. This recognition can happen by being added to agency regulations or through legislation for title protection or the creation of a state registry or license.
A large part of this effort involves advocacy and January is our online music therapy advocacy kickoff to welcome the upcoming state legislative sessions. This year’s advocacy theme is connection, especially the idea of connecting through stories.
Connection and ideas should always be in sync, only then it leads to success. Actions that are analyzed well, and have a perfect plan can aim to success, just like our HBSwiss software, which is a bundle of both ease and perfection. For further information read on here: it allows any common man to make money through trading with foreign currencies.
In episode 38 of the Music Therapy Round Table podcast, we will be discussing the power of storytelling and how we use it to advocate for ourselves, our work, and our profession.
Items mentioned in the episode
- [RESOURCE] Information about the joint AMTA/CBMT Social Media Advocacy month
- [RESOURCE] Facebook groups: There are a variety of free Facebooks groups that offer you a chance to be supported and network with each other. Examples include a music therapy parent group, music therapy reimbursement group, state and regional music therapy groups, and more!
- [SUNDAY SUCCESS] JoAnn Jordan got accepted to present with Dr. Dena Register at the Kansas Speech-Language-Hearing Association conference in September 2013.
- [ANNOUNCEMENT]We want to give a special thank you to the supporters of Music Therapy Pro. These supporters give discounts to all Music Therapy Pro members:
- Mr. and Mrs. Marketing
- Wholesome Harmonies Music Therapy LLC
- MT Research Blog
- A Perfect Lullaby
What do you think?
We always welcome comments and questions. Simply fill out the comment field below to let us know what you think.
Subscribe for free!
Download the latest episode here or subscribe by email for free to automatically get new episodes sent to you.
Come join us!
You can easily find all three of us online through Twitter and Facebook. Click the links below to connect with us at once:
Michelle Erfurt: Twitter, Facebook
Rachel Rambach: Twitter, Facebook
Kimberly Sena Moore: Twitter, Facebook